Score:5, Offtopic

It's my blog. The name is a reference to a quirk in the Slashdot moderation system that allows a post to have a negative (in this case, offtopic) moderation, but be scored 5, the maximum positive score. Basically, there's no point to it, but it may be good. There'll be all sorts of computer crap in here...

2005-06-22

Well, I've got the new laptop...

...but it's a doorstop...

Basically, the network controller and modem are conflicting, and giving me this error:
ERROR
Resource Conflict - PCI Network Controller
Bus:00, Device:0A, Function:00
ERROR
Resource Conflict - PCI
Bus:00, Device:0A, Function:01

It won't let me boot, either.

So, I called the place that sold it to me, and they gave me an RMA number. I'll drop it off sometime soon, and they should be able to fix it while I wait.

Anyways, it seems like a nice lappy otherwise. Small, light, well designed.

So, you guys get a comparison pic for now (note: the ThinkPad is in the UltraBase - that doesn't do it justice when it comes to thickness):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home