Score:5, Offtopic

It's my blog. The name is a reference to a quirk in the Slashdot moderation system that allows a post to have a negative (in this case, offtopic) moderation, but be scored 5, the maximum positive score. Basically, there's no point to it, but it may be good. There'll be all sorts of computer crap in here...

2005-06-11

New laptop coming soon to a doorstop near me

I'm ordering a used ThinkPad X21 (2662-66U). Here goes the specs:

Processor: Pentium III 700MHz, Low Voltage
RAM: 384MB PC100 SDRAM (after an upgrade that I've already ordered)
Hard Drive: 20GB 4200RPM IDE
LCD: 12.1" XGA TFT

Expansion: UltraBase X2 (a media slice, but it can also be used like a docking station)
Optical drive: UltraBay 2000 DVD-ROM (in the media slice)

$332.50 for the laptop after shipping, $67 for 256MB RAM (I know I got ripped off on that...)

I'll run Windows 2000 Pro on this, FWIW - I don't have the cash for XP, or I would (yes, I'm insane. XP on a P3 isn't THAT bad, though, if you tune stuff down...)

The company that I bought it from estimates the ship date as 2005-06-16, but also says that the status is "Shipping". However, they don't list an actual ship date...

1 Comments:

  • At 6/11/2005 11:44 AM, Blogger bhtooefr said…

    FWIW, the RAM's made it - now it's just waiting on a laptop to put it in.

    And, the RAM seller said 9-10 days shipping. It was 8 days, 23 hours, and 30 minutes ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home