Score:5, Offtopic

It's my blog. The name is a reference to a quirk in the Slashdot moderation system that allows a post to have a negative (in this case, offtopic) moderation, but be scored 5, the maximum positive score. Basically, there's no point to it, but it may be good. There'll be all sorts of computer crap in here...

2005-06-12

dont ya mean type

I've never used the TR forums for much, but yesterday decided to dive in. I was looking at the "hot threads" on the home page, and saw something called "dont ya mean type". I decided to dive in. It's at 219 pages (30 posts * 218 pages + 4 posts = 6544 posts) right now.

What is it about? Good question. Nobody really knows. It started when imi, a new forum member at the time, accidentally hit "New Topic" instead of "Post Reply". Somehow, the topic exploded. It quickly became the story of the relationship between imi and pattouk2001 (who doesn't post much anymore - he's too busy with his new girlfriend ;-)), and how it ended. However, the topics have ranged from discussion of member Action Jim's life experiences, to beer, to clam-flavored Pringles. It also discusses the topic itself... There's even a user on Folding@Home called "dont_ya_mean_type", who I and two other users are folding for.

The best QUICK guide is at dontyameantype.net. However, that's no substitute for actually reading the thing. It took me 8 hours to get through 218 pages (I helped push it to 219), and I'm a VERY fast reader.

TR Forums :: View topic - dont ya mean type

2 Comments:

  • At 6/14/2005 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eight hours! Holy crap, get a life!

    Alex (morpheus777 - TR Mod) :)

     
  • At 6/15/2005 7:16 PM, Blogger bhtooefr said…

    Yeah, I know - I have no life ;-)

    I live in this box. I'm going to move soon - my address is changing from "Dell Inspiron 1100" to "IBM ThinkPad X21" ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home